When we approach writing as a path of enquiry, we learn to ‘live the questions’ of creative uncertainty as Rainer Maria Rilke famously advised in his seminal work Letters to a Young Poet. In doing so, the answers gradually present themselves.
As writers, our enquiry leads to answers about the deepest levels of our content and how we can become an open-hearted conduit for the right words to meet the page. In this interview, we will explore writing as a meditative path of enquiry and discuss:
- The purpose of writing – what inspires you to write?
- Writing as a spiritual practice – who is doing the writing?
- Your relationship with the blank page, and how to make friends with it.
- Not feeling ready to write, and other common blocks to writing.
- Your dialogue with your inner critic – how to write and be free.
- Recognizing your authentic voice, and daring to be more authentic.
Robert Holden’s work on psychology and spirituality has been featured on Oprah, Good Morning America, a PBS special Shift Happens! and in two major BBC-TV documentaries. He is author of numerous successful books including his latest, Life Loves You co-written with Louise Hay. Robert writes a weekly newsletter for his website and hosts a weekly show on Hay House Radio called Shift Happens! He posts daily on his Facebook page (drrobertholden). See www.robertholden.org
Listen in Live & Access the Audio:
Our monthly events are FREE to all IACCW Members. Listen in live to our in-depth interviews and training calls AND receive access to the audio recordings PLUS all the other Benefits of IACCW Membership. Join as a FREE or FULL Member today! To read more and join, click here.