Over the last few years, the world of publishing has changed dramatically. A whole range of publishing solutions are now available for writers who feel inspired to share their ideas, insights and stories with the world at large.
Empowering though this may be for aspiring authors and those who are already working on their second or third books; it’s also a double-edge sword as it raises important questions about what the best route to market actually is. It also requires informed decisions to be made about which professionals to work with.
In this interview, experienced literary agent Susan Mears will bring you up-to-date with the latest developments in publishing and explain:
- How to decide on self-publishing or traditional publishing for your book(s)
- What level of marketing is right for you whichever publishing option you choose
- If you need a literary agent and what the benefits are from working with one
- How to find and approach an agent professionally and with confidence
- How the market is evolving and what to focus on to succeed as an author today
Susan Mears trained in publishing at Random House and worked as a Senior Editor in three other publishers before founding the Susan Mears Literary Agency in 1993. Since then she has worked internationally representing her authors to the major publishing houses and also to her extensive contacts in the fields of film and television. Her main base is in London but she also maintains a presence in Dubai and New York. Her agency has a tremendous reputation for discovering new talent and has taken a number of authors from start up author to international bestseller status. For more information visit http://www.susanmears.com/